Helping Hands Outreach is looking for one special person to serve as our VISTA for the coming year!
The VISTA will serve with us full-time and help us with a new project that will extend our services to many more older adults and adults with disabilities. Benefits include a monthly living allowance, travel expenses, health coverage, child care, if necessary and, not the least of all, a great experience in developing services that really enhance the quality of life for many people.
Click here for the full Position Description and how to apply!
New Year's Health Resolutions for Seniors:
1. E X E R C I S E - Don't blow it off. This doesn't mean you have to become a body-builder or athlete. Adding more movement daily and eventually doing some sustained movement, i.e. exercise, will go a long way.
2. Review your health - Ask yourself and your doctor what you can do on the preventive side if you have health issues going on.
3. Make friends - Surprised? Having caring relationships is actually one proven way to maintain your health.
4. Learn something new - This too is a way to keep your mind active and always growing.
5. Make your home safer - We get comfortable in our own homes and don't always notice things like loose rugs or overloaded electrical circuits. Ask us for a home safety check.
Basically "say Yes" to those things that will help you be healthier and happier for 2013!
"We're looking for a few good people"
Our Board of Directors is interested in some people who would be willing to help
with one of our Board Committees.
If you have a couple hours a month and can help with -
Publicity, Programs, Finances/Fundraising, or Board Development
then please give us a call at 320-746-9960
"Our Mission is to help create a healthy community where older adults
and adults with disabilities want to live and be a vital part of our community.
We do this by providing -
Information & Referral
Education & Training
Direct Volunteer & Professional Services
Social & Recreational Opportunities"
Use of this Seal has been granted to us since 2006 in recognition that we have "Met All Standards" of accountability and transparency as a non-profit. We have been told that this is a rare achievement for a relatively small nonprofit organization and a strong statement of our dedication to our supporters.